lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Matt Ronge <mro...@theronge.com>
Subject Re: Pre-filtering for expensive query
Date Sat, 30 Aug 2008 16:19:09 GMT

On Aug 30, 2008, at 4:43 AM, Karl Wettin wrote:

> Can you tell us a bit more about what you custom query does? Perhaps
> you can build the "candidate filter" and reuse it over and over again?

I cannot reuse it. The candidate filter would be constructed by first
running a boolean query with a number of SHOULD clauses. So then I
know what docs atleast contain the terms I'm looking for. Once I have
this set, I will look at the ordering of the matches (it's a bit more
sophisticated than just a phrase query) and find the final matches.
Since my boolean clauses are different for each query I can't reuse
the filter.

--
Matt