lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Marcus Herou" <marcus.he...@tailsweep.com>
Subject Re: Using lucene as a database... good idea or bad idea?
Date Sun, 03 Aug 2008 13:23:41 GMT
Hi.

I have actually created a solution where I use Lucene as Tuple (key/value)
storage. It was surprisingly fast and it has more balanced read/write
performance compared to BTrees but I think it is a little slower in
retrieving value per key than a Tree.

Look here for hints:
http://dev.tailsweep.com/svn/abstractcache/trunk/src/main/java/org/tailsweep/abstractcache/disk/lucene/LuceneCache.java

Kindly