lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Heiko <heiko.muel...@giata.de>
Subject FilteredQuery
Date Mon, 25 Aug 2008 15:29:22 GMT
Hi All,

i would like to use the FilteredQuery to filter my search results with
the occurrence or absence of certain ids.

Example A:
query -> text:"albert einstein"
filterQuery -> doctype:letter

That's ok. I am getting the expected results. But i got no results, if
i  filter with the absence of an id.

Example B:
query -> text:"albert einstein"
filterQuery -> NOT doctype:article

However following concatenation of filterQuery and query leads to the
expected result.

Example C:
query -> text:"albert einstein"
filterQuery -> text:"albert einstein" NOT doctype:article

I am confused that Example B does not worked. It is bug?

 I am using Lucene 2.3.2 and the following code fragement:

Query query;
Query filterQuery;
Filter filter = new CachingWrapperFilter(new
QueryWrapperFilter(filterQuery));
FilteredQuery filteredQuery = new FilteredQuery(query, filter);
Hits hits = searcher.search(filteredQuery);

Thanks,
Heiko Müller