lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Antony Bowesman <...@teamware.com>
Subject Payloads and tokenizers
Date Thu, 14 Aug 2008 03:14:00 GMT
I started playing with payloads and have been trying to work out how to get the
data into the payload

I have a field where I want to add the following untokenized fields

A1
A2
A3

With these fields, I would like to add the payloads

B1
B2
B3

Firstly, it looks like you cannot add payloads to untokenized fields.  Is this
correct?  In my usage, A and B are simply external Ids so must not be tokenized
and there is always a 1-->1 relationship between them.

Secondly, what is the way to provide the payload data to the tokenizer.  It
looks like I have to add a List/Map of payload data to a custom Tokenizer and
Analyzer, which is then consumed each "next(Token)".  However, it would be nice
if, in my use case, I could use some kind of construct like:

Document doc = new Document()
Field f = new Field("myField", "A1", Field.Store.NO, Field.Index.UNTOKENIZED);
f.setPayload("B1");
doc.add(f);

and avoid the whole unnecessary Tokenizer/Analyzer overhead and give support for
payloads in untokenized fields.

It looks like it would be trivial to implement in DocumentsWriter.invertField().
  Or would this corrupt the Fieldable interface in an undesirable way?

Antony