lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Mark Miller <markrmil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: integrating with postgres
Date Tue, 12 Aug 2008 16:50:08 GMT
mark wrote:
> hi
> i am new to lucene. my data is stored in a table in postgres, i want
> to be able to do full text search based on two columns.
> how do i integrate postgres & lucene? are there any guides?
> thanks

Doing everything for this yourself for something simple is probably not
that much work - but in the end your probably going to want _more_. I
would recommend you set yourself up with solr and check  out
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-469.

If you decide to roll your own, you basically just want to use
jdbc/object mapper to get the data to be indexed and index that data
with the db key in Lucene - then you just juggle things around (reindex
on db change, etc).

If your using java and hibernate, there is a Lucene/Indexing annotation
package that helps with this type of thing as well.