lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Mark Miller <markrmil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Field sizes: maxFieldLength
Date Mon, 11 Aug 2008 21:13:53 GMT
Aravind.Yarram@equifax.com wrote:
> Hi all -
>
> I know in advance that each of the fileds i index doesnt go more than
> 1000, Can i gain any performance improvement while writing the index by
> limiting the maxFieldLength to 200?
>
> tx
> Regards,
> Aravind R Yarram
> This message contains information from Equifax Inc. which may be confidential and privileged.
 If you are not an intended recipient, please refrain from any disclosure, copying, distribution
or use of this information and note that such actions are prohibited.  If you have received
this transmission in error, please notify by e-mail postmaster@equifax.com.

Its 10000. Sure, if you have a lot of docs between 200 and 10000,
indexing less will be faster. But you will only be able to search on
those first 200 tokens for any doc longer.