lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Tricia Williams <williams.tri...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Term Based Meta Data
Date Sat, 09 Aug 2008 02:39:09 GMT
Hi,

    Following the history of Payloads from its beginnings
(https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENE-755,
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENE-761,
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENE-834,
http://wiki.apache.org/lucene-java/Payload_Planning) it looks like
TermPostionsVector was never considered as part of the Payload
functionality.  I think this is based on the underlying index file
structure???  I don't see any way to get at a Payload other than through
a TermPositions object.  I don't think there is a way to translate code
which uses TermPositions to using TermPositionVector with regards to
payloads  -- but I welcome someone to show me how they could.

    It looks like this conversation has happened at least twice before:
http://www.nabble.com/Best-Practices-for-getting-Strings-from-a-position-range-td11608273.html#a11609245

and
http://www.nabble.com/Best-way-to-get-payloads-td17399361.html#a17399361.
Unfortunately it doesn't look like anything came of it.

    Maybe there is some other work around.  What are you trying to
accomplish "historically" with TermPositionsVectors instead of
TermPositions?

Tricia