lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Mark Miller <markrmil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Lucene Concurrency Issue
Date Thu, 07 Aug 2008 00:16:10 GMT
Do a little research to learn the rules and you will figure out how to
make those classes cooperate. You might start by looking at LUCENE-1026,
which is a simple set of classes that allows for what you want. You can
use it, use it to make your own, or even look at its father issue - the
original LuceneIndexAccessor. (I might actually have updated code to
LUCENE-1026 lying around - ill put it up soon if I do)

That will get you there quick and simple. If you have big plans in the
future though, you might be better off checking out solr or embedded solr.

- Mark

Alex Wang wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> To allow mutilple users concurrently add, delete docs and at the same time search the
same index, what should I watch out for in terms of initing indexreader, indexwriter and indexsearcher?

> My application is getting various IOException (seek failed, permission denied, etc...)
when concurrent add/delete/search happens. Is there any general guidelines that you can share?
Thanks in advance!