lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From roy-lucene-u...@xemaps.com
Subject Re: getting started
Date Fri, 01 Aug 2008 22:23:51 GMT
That certainly works if the intent is to grab the entire file.   If all you
want is that particular line to be returned in the search then that's not
going to work.

Let's say the files was made up of a million lines and the text was stored
in the index (I know, absurd).

When grabbing the Document from a search, you don't necessarily want to grab
all the lines.

Also when you get the document, how do you know which Field contained the
line you wanted?

Roy

On Fri, Aug 1, 2008 at 9:59 AM, ನಾಗೇಶ್ ಸುಬ್ರಹ್ಮಣ್ಯ (Nagesh
S) <