lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From roy-lucene-u...@xemaps.com
Subject Re: getting started
Date Fri, 01 Aug 2008 13:51:56 GMT
Hello Brittany,

I think the easiest thing for you to do is make each line a Document.  You
might want a FileName and LineNumber field on top of a "Text" field, this
way if you need to gather all the lines of your File back together again you
can do a search on the FileName.

So in your case:

Document 1
  FileName: [the file]