lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Alex Wang <aw...@crossview.com>
Subject Urgent Help Please: "Resource Tempararily Unavailable"
Date Wed, 06 Aug 2008 18:14:56 GMT
Hi Everyone,

We have an application built using Lucene 1.9. The app allows incremental updating to the
index while other users are searching the same index. Today, some search suddenly returns
nothing when we know it should return some hits. This does not happen all the time. Sometimes
the search succeeded. When checking the logs, I found the following error during searching:

Parameter[0]: java.io.IOException: Resource temporarily unavailable

When this error occurred, there were 2 other users deleting documents from the same index.
The deletions seemed to succeed, but the search failed.

I have no clue what could have caused such error.  Unfortunately there is no further info
in the logs. Can someone please shed some light on this? Thanks.
Alex