lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Robert Stewart <Robert.Stew...@INFONGEN.COM>
Subject updating existing field values
Date Thu, 07 Aug 2008 19:44:53 GMT
Given an existing index, is there any way to update the value of a particular field across
all documents, without deleting/re-indexing documents?  For instance, if I have a date field,
and I need to offset all dates based on change to stored time zone (subtract 12 hours from
each value).  The sort order of field values would not change, and the postings should not
need to change, only values of fields.  I do not believe there is any API to do it, but is
there some lower level way to do it (modifying files manually)?  I only ask because I have
a large index and I don't want to re-index all documents.