lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Erick Erickson" <erickerick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Paging & Sorting
Date Tue, 05 Aug 2008 21:16:38 GMT
Sure, just iterate over the first 100 entries in your Hits object
(or topdocs).

If you're asking how to ignore 49,900 of your documents (that
is, not even consider them at all), you're asking the impossible
because you can't know whether to ignore those other docs
unless you sort them first.

If you're asking if you can get the 100 most relevant docs and
then sort only those, then you should look at FieldSortedHitQueue.
What you'd do is feed the top 100 documents into an instance
of FieldSortedHit queue then read traverse the queue.

If none of this applies, could you explain in a bit more detail?

Best
Erick