lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Erick Erickson" <erickerick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Lucene search Format
Date Sat, 02 Aug 2008 17:53:34 GMT
I think you're missing the point of the request for more info. What
analyzer do you use at index time? Query time? Do you have any
idea what tokens are actually indexed (try using Luke).

StandardAnalyzer will split your tokens out a lot of different ways, and
you can get things that *look* like matches, especially in a small
test environment.

You may still have to do some escaping, but until you know what
tokens have been indexed you're flying blind.

Best
Erick