lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Michael McCandless <luc...@mikemccandless.com>
Subject Re: Case Sensitivity
Date Thu, 28 Aug 2008 18:16:07 GMT

Yonik Seeley wrote:

> On Thu, Aug 28, 2008 at 1:44 PM, Michael McCandless
> <lucene@mikemccandless.com> wrote:
>>
>> In fact I plan to add it as Field.Index.ANALYZED_NO_NORMS, in this
>> issue:
>
> I wasn't originally going to add a Field.Index at all for omitNorms,
> but Doug suggested it.
> The problem with this type-safe way of doing things is the
> combinatorial explosion.

Yeah I realize that.  Now that we have omitTF as an option we could
really go crazy ;)

  I figured since we already have NOT_ANALYZED_NO_NORMS we may as well
round it out with ANALYZED_NO_NORMS, and then stop there.  Plus,
people have been surprised that you could do ANALYZED_NO_NORMS, yet it
is useful.

Mike