lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Cam Bazz" <camb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: next release
Date Tue, 05 Aug 2008 00:04:51 GMT
I am still in trouble deleting documents.

Appearently - when an indexwriter and searcher is open at the same directory
- you can not delete documents with ids.

to delete documents with ids you need to access indexreader which is only
accessible tru the indexsearcher, thus resulting in a lock exception.

Best,
-C.B.