lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Karsten F." <karsten-luc...@fiz-technik.de>
Subject Re: Index types
Date Wed, 27 Aug 2008 10:54:32 GMT

Hi John,

about "integration other index implementation":
Sounds like you need a DBMS with some lucene features.
There was a post about using lucene in Oracle:
http://www.nabble.com/Using-lucene-as-a-database...-good-idea-or-bad-idea--to18703473.html#a18741137
and
http://www.nabble.com/Oracle-and-Lucene-Integration-to7501262.html#a7501262

But normaly for a particular problem there is a solution with lucene
(example: you should not index timestamps in lucene, but you can A) index
year, month and day  or   B) generate your own filter which used the
(cached) timestamp from a stored field  or  C) use solr (which contains
timestamp-range implementation out of the box).

Best regards
   Karsten