lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Karsten F." <>
Subject Re: Index types
Date Wed, 27 Aug 2008 10:54:32 GMT

Hi John,

about "integration other index implementation":
Sounds like you need a DBMS with some lucene features.
There was a post about using lucene in Oracle:

But normaly for a particular problem there is a solution with lucene
(example: you should not index timestamps in lucene, but you can A) index
year, month and day  or   B) generate your own filter which used the
(cached) timestamp from a stored field  or  C) use solr (which contains
timestamp-range implementation out of the box).

Best regards

John Patterson wrote:
> Hi, I know that Lucene uses an inverted index which makes range queries
> and great-than/less-than type queries very slow for continuous data types
> like times, latitude, etc.  Last time I looked they were converted into
> huge OR queries and so had a maximum clause limit.
> I was wondering if any work had been done on integrating other index
> implementations?
> Thanks,
> John

To unsubscribe, e-mail: