lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From John Patterson <jdp2...@gmail.com>
Subject Deleted document terms
Date Tue, 26 Aug 2008 07:56:13 GMT

Hi,

I just discovered some strange behaviour with deleted documents.  I do a
search for documents with a certain query and delete one using
IndexWriter.deleteDocuments(Term) using a key for the term.  Then I repeat
the search and the document is still there because I use a custom
HitCollector which does not check IndexReader.isDeleted(int).  That is all
expected.

But when I try to show the deleted document by searching by key using the
same term it was deleted with, it is not found.  So it seems that the term
(id:MYKEY) is removed from the index.

So I was surprised that the term for the id was removed but not the other
terms for document.

But I guess this makes sense and I just need to check
IndexReader.isDeleted()

Does this all sound like correct behaviour?

Thanks,

John