lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Karsten F." <karsten-luc...@fiz-technik.de>
Subject Re: Clarification about segments
Date Sat, 23 Aug 2008 09:40:23 GMT

Hi David,

this is not true, please take a look to
IndexWriter#setRAMBufferSizeMB
and
IndexWriter#setMaxBufferedDocs

But you can produce 9 segments (each with only one document), if you call
IndexWriter#flush
or
IndexWriter#commit
after each addDocument

so from my knowledge about lucene there is no difference between
#flush
and
#optimize(getMergeFactor())
(btw #optimize() is equal to optimize(1) ).

Best regards
  Karsten

p.s. and yes, searching goes through every segment.