lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From DimitriD <ddoga...@outstart.com>
Subject Field Question
Date Fri, 22 Aug 2008 15:13:33 GMT

I am new to lucene. Here is my question. The document has fields. When I add
a field to the document I can specify that field is Indexed, Tokenized,
etc.. So the same field can be Tokenized in one document and be
not-tokenized in another document. However the is a method
IndexReader.getFieldNames(IndexReader.FieldOption.INDEXED) that returns all
index fields in the index. It seems like it assumes that FIELD should have
the same attributes across all documents.
Can anyoen explain it?