lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Tavi Nathanson <dnathan...@berkeley.edu>
Subject Trouble Boosting BooleanQuery's with Multiple Clauses
Date Fri, 22 Aug 2008 00:07:11 GMT

I was wondering if anyone could explain the following weird behavior that I'm
experiencing when boosting BooleanQuery's:

When I create a TermQuery, add it as a SHOULD clause to a BooleanQuery, and
boost that BooleanQuery, the boost shows up when I run
IndexSearcher.explain(). However, when I add a second TermQuery as a SHOULD
clause to that same BooleanQuery, and still boost the BooleanQuery, the
boost is nowhere to be found in the output of IndexSearcher.explain(). Note
that the two TermQuery's added as SHOULD's to the BooleanQuery are
identical.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks,

Tavi