lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Karsten F." <karsten-luc...@fiz-technik.de>
Subject Re: folder path prefix filtering
Date Tue, 05 Aug 2008 09:11:48 GMT

Hi Nico Krijnen,

I think it is ok, to store a filter for each user-session im memory.
And I think that a cached filter is the correct approach for permissions.
(extra memory usage = one bit for each user and each document)

Hopefully someone with more experience will also answer your question.

But I want to ask the obvious question:

Is your permission-policy really on each file, or only on the top-most
folders?
Can't you store only the relevant path in an extra lucene field and set the
maximum of query-terms to e.g. 2048 ?

Best regards
  Karsten