lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Michael McCandless <luc...@mikemccandless.com>
Subject Re: Appropriate disk optimization for large index?
Date Mon, 18 Aug 2008 21:36:19 GMT

mattspitz wrote:

> Is there no way to ensure consistency on the disk with 2.3.2?

Unfortunately no.

> This is a little off-topic, but is it worth upgrading to 2.4 right
> now if
> I've got a very stable system already implemented with 2.3.2?  I don't
> really want to introduce oddities because I'm using an "unfinished"
> version
> of Lucene.  Is there a rough date for 2.4's release?  I poked around
> the
> website and couldn't find one.

The trunk should be a drop-in replacement for 2.3.2, api-wise.  But it
is not yet released, and there've been alot of changes, so it's
entirely possible there are bugs lurking.

Unfortunately no date yet, but I agree we should do a release soon.
It's been a good while (7 months) since 2.3.0 was released, and there
are a number of improvements in 2.4.  We talked a while back on the
dev list about doing releases more frequently.  I'll start a thread on
the dev list to see what people think...

Mike