lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Jarvis.Guo <ntts...@gmail.com>
Subject Questions about lucene index on HDFS
Date Fri, 22 Aug 2008 03:04:50 GMT
Hi all,
    Firstly I have known that there is a FsDirectory class in Nutch-0.9 so
we can access the index on HDFS. But after I tested it, i found that we can
only read the index but can not to append or modify, I think the reason is
the one mentioned in the HDFS-file append issues, am I right?
    Secondly, now I want to merge indexes on HDFS , when there's only one
computer I must create a temp Index which as the merge result on local file
system using the merge function in Lucene package, then upload it to hdfs,
right? So, when I have a lot of pc, how can I do the index merging more
effeciently? Whatever to use, like hadoop-mapreduce framework or other
distributed platform.

Thanks
Jarvis