lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Aravind.Yar...@equifax.com
Subject Re: escaping logical operators such as OR AND
Date Tue, 22 Jul 2008 13:53:14 GMT
lower-casing worked...tx...but is there a way of escaping them like we use
escape characters in java!

Regards,
Aravind R Yarram
Enabling Technologies
Equifax Information Services LLC
1525 Windward Concourse, J42E
Alpharetta, GA 30005
desk: 770 740 6951
email: aravind.yarram@equifax.com

"Erick Erickson" <erickerickson@gmail.com>
07/22/2008 09:40 AM
Please respond to
java-user@lucene.apache.org

java-user@lucene.apache.org
cc

Subject
Re: escaping logical operators such as OR AND

Have you tried lower-casing them? To be treated as an operator, they
must be upper cased.

But be careful that, when you lower-case them, your query analyzer doesn't
treat them as stop words....

Best
Erick

postmaster@equifax.com