lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Aravind.Yar...@equifax.com
Subject Re: Using lucene as a database... good idea or bad idea?
Date Tue, 29 Jul 2008 14:07:48 GMT
Look at Compass wrapper for Lucene...

Regards,
Aravind R Yarram
Enabling Technologies
Equifax Information Services LLC
1525 Windward Concourse, J42E
Alpharetta, GA 30005
desk: 770 740 6951
email: aravind.yarram@equifax.com

"ನಾಗೇಶ್ ಸುಬ್ರಹ್ಮಣ್ಯ (Nagesh S)" <nageshblore@gmail.com>

07/29/2008 10:02 AM
Please respond to
java-user@lucene.apache.org

cc

Subject
Re: Using lucene as a database... good idea or bad idea?

Hi Ian,
Yes, I see that we are discussing an "option" here.

But, as I said before (the three parts to search-based solution), I do not
know (but, would like to know) how Lucene (java only - not Nutch, Solr,
etc.) can be used as a datastore.

Basically, I am not able to connect "database" and Lucene java. :)

Nagesh

On Tue, Jul 29, 2008 at 6:51 PM, Ian Lea <ian.lea@gmail.com> wrote:

> I don't think that anyone in this thread has said "should", just
> "could" - it is a valid option (IMHO).  Personally, I use it as a
> store for lucene related data because I know and like and trust it, it
> is already there for this project so no need to introduce another
> software dependency, and because it is blindingly fast.
>

> --
> Ian.
>

> On Tue, Jul 29, 2008 at 1:43 PM, ನಾಗೇಶ್ ಸುಬ್ರಹ್ಮಣ್ಯ

(Nagesh S)

wrote:

> developing

be