lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Michael McCandless <luc...@mikemccandless.com>
Subject Re: 'deletable' indexing files are not deleted on RHEL5
Date Tue, 08 Jul 2008 09:53:07 GMT

What do you mean by "deletable" indexing files?

Moving to RHEL5 should have no effect (vs other platforms) on how much
disk space is used.

However, Lucene's disk usage can be surprising.  While merging
segments it will temporarily require free space equal to the size of
the resulting merged segment.  For a large merge this can be a sizable
percentage of your total index size.

Mike