lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Dragon Fly <dragon-fly...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: Index optimization ...
Date Wed, 30 Jul 2008 13:46:38 GMT
Perhaps I didn't explain myself clearly so please let me try it again.  I'm happy with the
search/indexing performance.   However, my index gets fully optimized every 4 hours and the
time it takes to fully optimize the index is longer than I like.  Is there anything that I
can do to speed up the optimization? I don't fully understand the different parameters (e.g.
merge factor).  If I decrease the merge factor, would it make the indexing slower (which I'm
OK with) but the optimization faster? Thank you.