lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From lutan <ws...@live.cn>
Subject RE: how to statistics categories amount
Date Tue, 01 Jul 2008 02:51:40 GMT

Thanks for reply,but I  am not know Solr well.
Does Solr base on lucene core or hack lucene core
to achieve the (categories amount)'s function ?
Can I achieve the similar function using
lucene core ?
> From: erik@ehatchersolutions.com> To: java-user@lucene.apache.org> Subject: Re:
how to statistics categories amount> Date: Sat, 28 Jun 2008 05:36:12 -0400> > >
On Jun 28, 2008, at 3:57 AM, lutan wrote:> > if I search a keyword likes 'computer'
in a shopping website.> > the result may contains.> > total:> > (1000) products
.> > categories:> > pc (500) products .> > notebook (300) products .>
> server (200) products .> >> > so how do get each categories 'amount.>
> I try to search many times on onec user search,> > but it is so slow> > This
is a case where you are probably better off starting with Solr, > which supports faceting
natively.> > The main trick to making this fast is coming up with cached sets of >
each of the categories and intersecting each of those sets with the > main result set and
using the cardinality of the intersected sets for > the counts. Again, Solr is what I'd
recommend as a starting point for > you.> > Erik> > > --------------------------------------