lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Michael McCandless <luc...@mikemccandless.com>
Subject Re: Modifying a document by updating a payloads?
Date Wed, 30 Jul 2008 12:24:44 GMT

Unfortunately you will have to delete the old doc, then reindex a new
doc, in order to change any payloads in the document's Tokens.

This issue:

which is still in progress, could make updating stored (but not
indexed) fields a much lower cost operation, but that's not for sure
and it's not clear when that issue will be done.

Mike