lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Michael McCandless <luc...@mikemccandless.com>
Subject Re: .fdt file
Date Fri, 11 Jul 2008 09:34:05 GMT

I think the FieldCache API fits for this...

Its purpose is to do a one-time caching of a particular field's
values, rendered as a straight array keyed by document ID.  So
building that cache initially takes time and memory, but then getting
the value for a particular document is extremely fast assuming your OS
is not swapping...

Mike