lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Ian Lea" <ian....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Index optimization ...
Date Wed, 30 Jul 2008 13:54:03 GMT
Why do you run an optimize every 4 hours?

--
Ian.

On Wed, Jul 30, 2008 at 2:46 PM, Dragon Fly <dragon-fly999@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Perhaps I didn't explain myself clearly so please let me try it again.  I'm happy with
the search/indexing performance.   However, my index gets fully optimized every 4 hours and
the time it takes to fully optimize the index is longer than I like.  Is there anything that
I can do to speed up the optimization? I don't fully understand the different parameters (e.g.
merge factor).  If I decrease the merge factor, would it make the indexing slower (which I'm
OK with) but the optimization faster? Thank you.