lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Anshum <ansh...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Indexing questions
Date Tue, 15 Jul 2008 04:52:11 GMT
Hi,

As per my knowledge, you may do any of the below processes while searching
(n parallel) just that the changes would not reflect until you reopen the
index readers (by either using the reopen command or closing and opening
them explicitly).
But the downside to this would be, in case your daemon crashes in the
meantime or you need to restart the daemon, the index would not be usable
until you have completed your indexing processs.
How about just copying and performing your indexing (or index write related)
operations on the  copy and then performing a rename operation followed by
reopening of the index readers.

--
Anshum