lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "ನಾಗೇಶ್ ಸುಬ್ರಹ್ಮಣ್ಯ (Nagesh S)" <nageshbl...@gmail.com>
Subject Deleted documents in the index.
Date Fri, 25 Jul 2008 12:12:02 GMT
Hi,
I think, the earlier mail didn't make it through.

I am writing a class to report on an index. This index has documents
updated using the IndexWriter.updateDocument(Term, Document) method.
That is, documents were deleted and added again. My aim is to see what
documents (and their fields) are present in the index. Since the
document was updated (i.e. deleted and added), it is marked as deleted
and hence not able to obtain a Document object for the updated
document.

How do I report on such documents ?

for (int i = 1; i < numDocs; i++) {
//ir is an IndexReader object
            if (ir.isDeleted(i)) {
                bw.write("Document " + i + " has been deleted.");
                bw.newLine();
            } else {
                Document d = getDocument(ir, i);

                List<Field> l = d.getFields();
                int numFields = l.size();
                bw.write("Document has " + numFields + " fields as follows");
                bw.newLine();

                for (int j = 0; j < numFields; j++) {
                    String fieldName = l.get(j).name();
                    bw.write("\t Field : " + fieldName + " Value : "
                            + d.getField(fieldName).stringValue());
                    bw.newLine();
                }
            }