lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Karl Wettin <karl.wet...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Store/Index Email Address in Lucene
Date Sat, 05 Jul 2008 18:14:14 GMT

5 jul 2008 kl. 03.29 skrev miztaken:

> Hi there,
>
> for email addresses string such as "john@wherever.com; jack smith"

Can there be multiple addresses in a single document?
Do you add any other data to the document that you mean to query for?

> I might do wild card search like john* or jack* or john@* for
> *wherever.com
> for phrase search i can do "jack smith"
> for general search i might do "john@whereever.com"
>
> I tokenized the string and indexed it into single Field using the
> Java File,

Can you tell us how you tokenized it?

> as mentioned in my earlier post and did searching.
> Its working fine.
>
> I want to know what can be the pitfalls of doing like this:
> One i know is.. for each string, i should maintain two fields.. one
> to store
> the original string and one that holds tokenized string.

Why do you have to store the original string?

> What else ?

I'm sorry, but you still told us very little about what it is you try
to achieve with this and nothing about your requirements.

The only general hints I can give you is to read the wiki pages
regarding performance: http://wiki.apache.org/lucene-java/BasicsOfPerformance

        karl