lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Antony Bowesman <...@teamware.com>
Subject Modifying a document by updating a payloads?
Date Wed, 30 Jul 2008 11:03:15 GMT
I seem to recall some discussion about updating a payload, but I can't find it.

I was wondering if it were possible to use a payload to implement 'modify' of a
Lucene document.  For example, I have an ID field, which has a unique ID
refering to an external DB.  For example, I would like to store a short bitmap
giving state information about aspects of the Document and this state could
change during the life of the Document and be available to my searchers.

I've not yet played with payloads and I understand there is something in the
pipeline about updating Documents, but is it possible to update a payload for an
existing Document?

Antony