lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Jamie <ja...@stimulussoft.com>
Subject Re: Lucene Search Error: Java.io.IOException: Bad file descriptor
Date Thu, 24 Jul 2008 00:02:29 GMT
Hi

I feel like we are having to tip toe across JRE bugs to get this to work
right. I am definitely not pointing fingers, since the issues and their
resolutions are complex but
I would appreciate some insight on the most reliable combination of JRE
6 and Lucene. I cannot downgrade the JRE to 5 as my code is deeply dependent
on Java 1.6. Right now, I'm thinking about updating the JRE to 6 update
7 and using the latest nightly  Lucene snapshot available here:

http://people.apache.org/maven-snapshot-repository/org/apache/lucene/lucene-core/2.3-SNAPSHOT/lucene-core-2.3-SNAPSHOT.jar

Is this a good strategy?

Jamie