lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Jamie <ja...@stimulussoft.com>
Subject Re: Lucene Search Error: Java.io.IOException: Bad file descriptor
Date Wed, 23 Jul 2008 23:47:28 GMT
Hi All,

I found something interesting....

Could this error be the result of the bad file descriptor close bug as
described in
http://256.com/gray/docs/misc/java_bad_file_descriptor_close_bug.shtml.

This would definitely fit the description since this happened on JRE
1.6u3.... apparently, update 3 suffered from this file descriptor issue.
The fix
is to update the JRE to the latest version (which I believe is update 7).

Michael, what does one need to do to overcome the other JRE 1.6 bug? Are
we still waiting for a JRE update from Sun to address it?
 Is there a workaround that we can use in the meantime?

Thanks

Jamie

--
Stimulus Software - MailArchiva