lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Chris Bamford <chris.bamf...@scalix.com>
Subject Re: newbie question (for John Griffin) - fixed
Date Tue, 15 Jul 2008 12:20:48 GMT
Hi John

Thanks for your continued interest in my travails!

==I'm not sure I understand. You want a phrase query so they should be
==passed as a phrase in quotes.

Ok... well I must be missing something then  :-(
This fails to return any hits for me:

        PhraseQuery pq = new  PhraseQuery();
        pq.add(new Term("body", "aaa ddd"));

while
       PhraseQuery pq = new  PhraseQuery();
       pq.add(new Term("body", "aaa"));
       pq.add(new Term("body", "ddd"));

works fine.
I have tried with both Lucene 2.0 and 2.3 jars.

Please advise!

Thanks,

-Chris
    BTW thanks for the tip about Luke