lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From John Byrne <john.by...@propylon.com>
Subject Re: Nested Proximity searches
Date Tue, 01 Jul 2008 09:14:41 GMT
The QueryParser syntax does not support what you're trying to do.
However, it is possible to do with the API. If you can construct your
Query programatically, you can use the SpanQuery API to do what you need.

Proximity searching is achieved using the SpanNearQuery; the constructor
of this object takes an array of generic SpanQuerys - so you can nest
SpanQuerys within other SpanQuerys.

Regards,
-John