lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Michael McCandless <luc...@mikemccandless.com>
Subject Re: lucene delete by query
Date Thu, 24 Jul 2008 10:21:08 GMT

Unfortunately, this is not an easy question to answer ... it's really
up to you to test it out for your application & production env, and
see.  We certainly try very hard not to break things, but  alot of
sizable changes have gone into the trunk since 2.3.

Lucene has good test case coverage, and that coverage keeps improving
with time -- every time we find something broken we make a test case
first to catch it & prevent it in the future, then fix it.

If you do test the trunk it'd be great to hear back how it went, good
or bad, because that helps us improve, faster...

Mike