lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Michael McCandless <luc...@mikemccandless.com>
Subject Re: Readers synchronization
Date Tue, 08 Jul 2008 16:12:41 GMT

No, that's not changed.  You must still reopen an IndexReader to see
changes to the index.  An IndexReader always searches a point-in-time
snapshot of the index.

LUCENE-1044 does mean that you should call IndexWriter.commit() (or,
close the writer) to ensure all changes you've made become visible to
the reader.

Mike