lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Daniel Naber <lucenelist2...@danielnaber.de>
Subject Re: Lucene performance issues..
Date Sun, 27 Jul 2008 20:59:49 GMT
On Sonntag, 27. Juli 2008, Mazhar Lateef wrote:

> We have also tried upgrading the lucene version to 2.3 in hope to
> improve performance but the results were quite the opposite. but from my
> research on the internet the Lucene version 2.3 is much faster and
> better so why are we seeing such inconsistency.

Have you checked out these pages?

http://wiki.apache.org/lucene-java/ImproveIndexingSpeed
http://wiki.apache.org/lucene-java/ImproveSearchingSpeed

Even a large index should be fast, assuming the queries are not
complicated. Also, with a large index the performance depends on the
number of matches, i.e. searching for very common terms might be slow.
Maybe you could post more information about your queries.

Regards
 Daniel

--
http://www.danielnaber.de