lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From syedfa <fayyazud...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Creating an index from an XML file using Lucene in Java
Date Mon, 28 Jul 2008 00:01:22 GMT

I think I understand what you are saying, but I was hoping you could clarify
a little further.  in the start-element method, I have the following:

                if(qName.equals("SPEECH")){
                        doc=new Document();
                }

are you saying that I should add an identical block of code for
<SCENE-COMMENTARY> as well, and include a similar clause in the endElement
method as well? i.e.

                         else if(qName.equals("SCENE-COMMENTARY")){
                                Field lines = new Field(qName,
elementBuffer.toString(), Field.Store.YES, Field.Index.TOKENIZED,
Field.TermVector.YES);
                                lines.setBoost(1.0f);
                                doc.add(lines);
                                indexWriter.addDocument(doc);
                         }

Does it also matter where in the if/else if clauses I mention the
"SCENE-COMMENTARY" tag?  ie. should I mention it first?  last?  or does the
order matter?

Just wondering.
Thanks again for your prompt reply.
Sincerely;
Fayyaz

P.S.  This is actually a personal project, as I have developed an interest
in Information Retrieval and simply wanted to work on a creative project to
help me develop my skills.  :-)