lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From blazingwolf7 <blazingwo...@gmail.com>
Subject ArrayList or HashMap
Date Mon, 14 Jul 2008 09:41:28 GMT

Hi,

I am working on extracting information from around 2 to 3 million document
and place it into the memory to retrieve it for filtering search results.
The application will have to extract the information and store it for every
search. I am wondering what will be the best way to store this information.

ArrayList or hashmap? Which is the fastest among these two? I will have to
directly access information in a particular position by using some
identifier which both of this is capable of doing. So I just need to know
which one will be faster. And what is the maximum size of the arraylist and
hashmap?

thanks