lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From miztaken <justjunkt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to handle frequent updates.
Date Sun, 13 Jul 2008 14:58:14 GMT

Hi there,
sorry for my late response. I was absorbed by something else.

>You want updates that show up in the reader/searcher without latency?
>I believe LUCENE-1313 is an attempt at that.

Thanks for the info.

>What sort of operations do you use the matrix for? How large can it
>grow? Can you give an example of what the matrix might contain?
>What was the reason to solve your problem using Lucene? Is there some
>specific feature that made something easier or faster than the
>solutions you discarded?

I want to do some mathematical operation which requires matrix manipulation,
and those matrix can be of huge size even though stored as sparse so i want
an embedded system (DB or API) which allow me to store, update, delete and
retrieve cell of matrix as fast as possilble considering disk constraints.

Any suggestion?

Thanks
miztaken

               karl