lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From blazingwolf7 <blazingwo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: .fdt file
Date Fri, 11 Jul 2008 02:11:44 GMT

Well, according to him, using the reader to access the index everytime a
document is found to retrieve certain values is inefficient. Meaning if
there is 500k document, the index will be access 500k times. It might affect
the performance of the search.

So I am instructed to retrieve all the necessary values at the beginning of
the search and store it. Later the values will be retrieve from there. I am
cracking my head trying to do that%-|