lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From blazingwolf7 <>
Subject Re: .fdt file
Date Thu, 10 Jul 2008 05:42:11 GMT

Well, I am trying to extract the URL and contentLength from the ".fdt" file.
I am planning to use both of these values in a filter to remove certain
links to be display in the search result. The problem is, I am told not to
use the IndexReader to retrieve these values for each document found
matching with the query.

So now, instead, I will have to retrieve the entire .fdt file, extract both
the values and store it into an arraylist which will be use later.  I am
having problem extracting the entire file without using all the seek()
method to determine the position of the document.

Any suggestion?