lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From miztaken <justjunkt...@gmail.com>
Subject How to handle frequent updates.
Date Tue, 08 Jul 2008 19:33:24 GMT

Hi there,
I know lucene is for indexing and not for frequent updates and delete.
But i have been using lucene to store my matrix as a document.
Since with my algorithm the value of matrix can change so i am updating the
value.
But for this i have to close and reopen indexReader and in additional to
that the reader is not able to read the documents hold in the RAM directory
or buffer in indexWriter... i.e. documents that are hold in memory by
indexwriter due to other parameters set for indexwriter so eventually i have
to optimize or flush the writer and reopen the reader to get accurate
results.

Is there some work around for this type of job?
Can any one suggest me any other open source API ?

Thank You
miztaken