lucene-java-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From starz10de <farag_ah...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: Index different files in different folders in lucene
Date Sun, 06 Jul 2008 19:46:09 GMT

John,
 Thanks for your kind help. I will try to modify the source code.


John Griffin-3 wrote:
> 
> Starz,
> 
> If you are using the LuceneDemo jar to index your docs its default
> behavior
> is to recursively index all files to an 'index' directory from a
> 'root-directory' you specify. So what you are trying to do won't work
> unless
> you modify the source to do what you want. It would not be that difficult
> to
> do.
> 
> JohnG.
> 
> -----Original Message-----
> From: starz10de [mailto:farag_ahmed@yahoo.com] 
> Sent: Sunday, July 06, 2008 4:34 AM
> To: java-user@lucene.apache.org
> Subject: RE: Index different files in different folders in lucene
> 
> 
> hi  John ,
> 
> Is important to know my code ? I though it is general question! I use
> lucene
> to index some files in one folder, but in my case I have different files
> (text files) in two different folderes and I though may be lucene could
> index both in same time. I am just lucene at it is and I dont have any
> special code. just indexing , I need this because i have an arabic and
> english files and i dont want to index them in one index as it make no
> sense
> as they are not related , so when you like to look for english string you
> dont need to look for it in arabic and so on. My question is it possible
> for
> lucene to index multiple folderes in  same time and put them in several
> indexes?
> thanks
> 
> John Griffin-3 wrote:
>> 
>> Starz,
>> 
>> How about your code so we can see what you are doing? We're flying blind
>> here.
>> 
>> John G.
>> 
>> -----Original Message-----
>> From: starz10de [mailto:farag_ahmed@yahoo.com] 
>> Sent: Saturday, July 05, 2008 12:41 PM
>> To: java-user@lucene.apache.org
>> Subject: Index different files in different folders in lucene
>> 
>> 
>> Hi all,
>> I am new to lucene , is it possible to Index different files in different
>> folders in lucene
>> 
>> for examples , i have two folderes a and b , each contain several files.
>> 
>> in lucene args i wrote :  c:\a\ , c:\b\   but it does index only the
>> first
>> files in folder A  and it doesnt index any files in folder b.  
>> is there any way to do that or i must put all files in one folder which
>> is
>> not nice way to do as i have different types of files and need them to be
>> seperated.
>> thanks in advance
>> -- 
>> View this message in context:
>>
> http://www.nabble.com/Index-different-files-in-different-folders-in-lucene-t
>> p18295066p18295066.html
>> Sent from the Lucene - Java Users mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
>> 
>> 
>> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
>> To unsubscribe, e-mail: java-user-unsubscribe@lucene.apache.org
>> For additional commands, e-mail: java-user-help@lucene.apache.org
>> 
>> 
>> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
>> To unsubscribe, e-mail: java-user-unsubscribe@lucene.apache.org
>> For additional commands, e-mail: java-user-help@lucene.apache.org
>> 
>> 
>> 
> 
> -- 
> View this message in context:
> http://www.nabble.com/Index-different-files-in-different-folders-in-lucene-t
> p18295066p18300833.html
> Sent from the Lucene - Java Users mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
> 
> 
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: java-user-unsubscribe@lucene.apache.org
> For additional commands, e-mail: java-user-help@lucene.apache.org
> 
> 
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: java-user-unsubscribe@lucene.apache.org
> For additional commands, e-mail: java-user-help@lucene.apache.org
> 
> 
> 

-- 
View this message in context: http://www.nabble.com/Index-different-files-in-different-folders-in-lucene-tp18295066p18305778.html
Sent from the Lucene - Java Users mailing list archive at Nabble.com.


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: java-user-unsubscribe@lucene.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: java-user-help@lucene.apache.org


Mime
View raw message